2013年10月5日星期六

Crispy Roasted Potatoes

  The most food I eat in Finland is potato. I can see potato everywhere and it seems Finnish people has lot of different ways to cook it. Today, I'd like to share a healthier and simpler way to make potato.

  Ingredients
  1、1/4 pounds red-skinned potatoes
  2、tablespoons olive oil
  3、1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  4、1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

  Directions
  Place a rimmed baking sheet in the center rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
  Thinly slice the potatoes about 1/8-inch thick and toss with the oil, salt and pepper. Carefully spread the slices on the hot baking sheet in a single layer and roast until golden and crispy, turning with a metal spatula occasionally and spreading them out to cook evenly, 30 to 35 minutes。Then, it is done.

  I do them like this all the time for a quick side dish for supper. And I often add in wedges of onion sliced through the root to keep them together and sliced zucchini and squash. I let them get crisp and brown all together. Don't even bother to slice them I keep them whole if potato is small or half the potatoes. 




没有评论:

发表评论